Pak Christian lawmaker gunned down by bodyguard
Islamabad: A Pakistani Christian lawmaker, on saturday was shot and killed by his own bodyguard in Balochistan province`s capital city Quetta.
Handry Masih was elected to the member of Balochistan`s provincial assembly from the province`s ruling National Party.
The lawmaker was shot by the guard near his home in Nawa Kalay area of the city, where he met the people of his constituency on the weekends, Dunya TV reported.
He was taken to hospital, where he died.
One of his nephews was also injured in the attack but he is stable and out of danger.
The motive of the attack was not known as yet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living