Pak men married mentally-ill UK brides to avoid deportation
London: Two Pakistani men reportedly married mentally-impaired British women in Muslim ceremonies to avoid deportation from Britain.
Senior judges at London`s High Court revealed the details of the two sham marriages conducted after refusal by the immigration authorities for further stay in UK, the Daily Express reports.
In the first case, the judge said that social workers were alerted when a woman in her late teens with learning difficulties began a relationship with a Pakistani student in his 20s.
Council officials and police had warned that the man might commit an offence because she was unlikely to have the legal capacity to agree to sex and marriage, but still they tied the knot 18 months ago, the report added.
The second case was about another Pakistani man, who married a woman in her 30s six weeks after his bid to stay was refused by immigration authorities.
An informant also claimed that the woman`s father received 20,000 pounds in consideration of the nuptials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda