Pak men married mentally-ill UK brides to avoid deportation
London: Two Pakistani men reportedly married mentally-impaired British women in Muslim ceremonies to avoid deportation from Britain.
Senior judges at London`s High Court revealed the details of the two sham marriages conducted after refusal by the immigration authorities for further stay in UK, the Daily Express reports.
In the first case, the judge said that social workers were alerted when a woman in her late teens with learning difficulties began a relationship with a Pakistani student in his 20s.
Council officials and police had warned that the man might commit an offence because she was unlikely to have the legal capacity to agree to sex and marriage, but still they tied the knot 18 months ago, the report added.
The second case was about another Pakistani man, who married a woman in her 30s six weeks after his bid to stay was refused by immigration authorities.
An informant also claimed that the woman`s father received 20,000 pounds in consideration of the nuptials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP