Pakistan, China back Afghan-owned peace process
Islamabad: Pakistan and China on Thursday extended their support to an Afghan-led and Afghan-owned peace and reconciliation process to ensure durable stability in the war-torn country.
The second meeting of Pakistan-Afghanistan-China Trilateral Dialogue here agreed that an intra-Afghan inclusive dialogue would ensure durable peace and stability in Afghanistan, a Foreign Ministry statement said.
The three sides reviewed the progress since the first trilateral dialogue and believe that the dialogue plays a positive role in enhancing friendly cooperation between the three countries and maintaining peace and stability in the region.
The meeting discussed regional situation with special reference to Afghanistan, efforts for peace and reconciliation and trilateral cooperation in various fields.
The participants agreed that regular trilateral consultations between the three countries were important in order to further promote peace and stability in the region and to strengthen trilateral friendly exchanges and cooperation.
The meeting welcomed the Afghan High Peace Council`s visit to Islamabad and the joint press statement issued after the visit. It also appreciated the steps taken by Pakistan in response to their request.
The three countries agreed that close and consistent cooperation among regional countries is essential to overcome the trends of violence.
They reiterated their commitment to cooperate in fight against terrorism, extremism and separatism.
The meeting highlighted the importance of counter-narcotics campaign especially due to the nexus between terrorism and drug money.
The participants welcomed the outcome of the Regional Ministerial Conference on Counter-Narcotics held in Islamabad on 12-13 November 2012.
The three sides support the United Nations` leading role in the context of international cooperation.
They agreed that the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation can play an important role in peace and stability in the region and that the organisation`s regional mechanism can provide better solutions to the emerging new security, political and economic challenges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015