Pakistan continues to be a safe heaven for terrorists:US
Washington: The pentagon has said Pakistan continues to be a safe heaven for terrorists while lauding the efforts of the country's military to eliminate extremism, which it described as a "common threat" for both the countries.
"Extremists and the safe haven pose a challenge and the sanctuary that they continue to enjoy in Pakistan, but the Pakistani military has taken action against some of those extremist threats inside their own country. They've conducted operations not too long ago, just this summer," Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Admiral John Kirby said.
He said the US wanted to continue to work with Pakistan "to deal with what we believe is a common challenge and a common threat faced by both our countries and by Afghanistan, as well," he said.
"It is important to remind everybody that they, too, have taken casualties in that fight, so it's a common threat. We don't always see eye-to-eye on how to address it. That remains to be the case today.
"But what's different today is that we have better vehicles for dialogue and cooperation with the Pakistani military that we continue to enjoy and want to and continue to improve," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions