Pakistan donates USD 1 million for quake-hit areas
Beijing: Pakistan on Wednesday donated USD 1 million to China to help the relief and rehabilitation of people hit by this week`s devastating earthquake.
Pakistan`s Ambassador to China Masood Khalid handed over the donation to Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi today, official media here reported.
A 6.6-magnitude quake hit northwest China`s Gansu Province on Monday morning, leaving 95 dead and 1,001 injured.
"A friend in need is a friend indeed," said Wang, calling Pakistan a devoted friend of China. He recalled Pakistan`s donation of more than 20,000 tents to China during the Wenchuan earthquake in 2008.
Khalid said Pakistan is keenly aware of the sufferings of people in the quake-stricken areas, but he believes that the quake-affected people will endure the difficulties and rebuild their homeland.
"Despite difficulties in its own economy, Pakistan is again providing assistance to China, which demonstrates the brotherhood between the two countries," state-run Xinhua news agency quoted Wang as saying.
China has recently said that its relationship with Pakistan was always a matter of highest priority in its foreign policy, and it would continue to strengthen this strategic partnership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video