Pakistan Prime Minster quits smoking
Islamabad: Prime Minster Raja Pervez Ashraf has given up smoking, becoming the only member of Pakistan`s power troika of premier, president and army chief to stop using tobacco, according to a media report Wednesday.
Ashraf made the decision to quit smoking when he was in Mecca last month to perform Haj at the special invitation of King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz.
President Asif Zardari, who too is a smoker, appreciated Ashraf`s decision and hinted he too would quit, The News reported today.
Kayani, known to be a chain smoker, resumed smoking after staying away from the habit for 20 years.
He resumed smoking when he was the vice chief.
The daily quoted its sources in the Prime Minister`s House as saying that the staff was pleased with Ashraf`s decision as his physicians had been advising him for many months to quit smoking.
Ashraf was a smoker for over 30 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Priyanka teams with Jodie Foster to reinvent song
- Akshay Kumar hides daughter Nitara's face from the paps and it's so CUTE! Picture proof inside
- Banning cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh under consideration: CBDT
- Both US and India have been tolerant nations since their existence: Acharya Lokesh
- Narsingh Yadav dope case: Grappler took banned substance intentionally, claims CAS