Pakistan Prime Minster quits smoking
Islamabad: Prime Minster Raja Pervez Ashraf has given up smoking, becoming the only member of Pakistan`s power troika of premier, president and army chief to stop using tobacco, according to a media report Wednesday.
Ashraf made the decision to quit smoking when he was in Mecca last month to perform Haj at the special invitation of King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz.
President Asif Zardari, who too is a smoker, appreciated Ashraf`s decision and hinted he too would quit, The News reported today.
Kayani, known to be a chain smoker, resumed smoking after staying away from the habit for 20 years.
He resumed smoking when he was the vice chief.
The daily quoted its sources in the Prime Minister`s House as saying that the staff was pleased with Ashraf`s decision as his physicians had been advising him for many months to quit smoking.
Ashraf was a smoker for over 30 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly