Pakistan says Indian firing kills a solider
Islamabad: The Pakistan Army today claimed one of its soldiers was killed in firing by Indian troops on the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir.
A senior military official said the latest casualty occurred in Rakhcahri sector of the LoC near Rawalakot.
"Sepoy Habib (was killed) due to unprovoked firing," the official said on condition of anonymity.
Yesterday, an army captain was killed in shelling by Indian troops. Pakistan protested the incident by summoning the Indian Deputy High Commissioner to the Foreign Office.
The latest death was reported shortly after the lower house of Pakistan`s parliament passed a resolution that deplored the death of the captain as an "act of aggression" and called for a "constructive" engagement with India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army