Pakistani charged with murder of American priest in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: A Pakistani security guard was on Thursday charged with the murder of an American volunteer pastor based here, by a Malaysian court.
Shahbaz, 25, was accused of killing 62-year-old David James Ginter, at his home in the suburb of Taman Hulu Klang here on May 3.
He was also separately charged in the Ampang magistrate court for overstaying for 49 days after his passport expired.
He pleaded guilty to this offence.
Magistrate Ayuni Izzaty Sulaiman handed Shahbaz a jail sentence of three months for overstaying and fixed July 18 for the next mention of the murder case.
It was reported that Ginter was found bound and murdered at his double-storey house.
His neighbour, who had a spare key, discovered the body when he was asked by Ginter`s wife to check on him.
Police said that post-mortem results showed that Ginter had died of asphyxiation due to gagging and neck compression.
The Malaysian Star said, the pastor had been in the country for four years.
The motive for the crime is still unclear though robbery has been earlier cited by the police.
Malaysia has witnessed an increase in violent crime in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?