Palestine will brief John Kerry on peace talks
Ramallah: The Palestinian side will brief US Secretary of State John Kerry about some issues that "disturb" peace talks with Israel, Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Al-Maliki said on Tuesday.
Kerry would be updated on the Palestinian views when the Arab League`s diplomats meet him in Rome Sunday, Xinhua quoted Al-Maliki as telling Voice of Palestine Radio.
"This will help put forward the Palestinian views regarding some points that we consider annoying and disturbing in the negotiation process," he said, adding that "these issues require an intervention from the US side".
Al-Maliki gave no further details about these issues. It may involve Israel`s continued bids for building new settlements in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem.
The peace negotiations resumed in July with talks on issues related to borders and security, as the parties believe that an agreement on these two files paves the way for resolving other outstanding issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire