Palestine will brief John Kerry on peace talks
Ramallah: The Palestinian side will brief US Secretary of State John Kerry about some issues that "disturb" peace talks with Israel, Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Al-Maliki said on Tuesday.
Kerry would be updated on the Palestinian views when the Arab League`s diplomats meet him in Rome Sunday, Xinhua quoted Al-Maliki as telling Voice of Palestine Radio.
"This will help put forward the Palestinian views regarding some points that we consider annoying and disturbing in the negotiation process," he said, adding that "these issues require an intervention from the US side".
Al-Maliki gave no further details about these issues. It may involve Israel`s continued bids for building new settlements in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem.
The peace negotiations resumed in July with talks on issues related to borders and security, as the parties believe that an agreement on these two files paves the way for resolving other outstanding issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report