Palestine will brief John Kerry on peace talks
Ramallah: The Palestinian side will brief US Secretary of State John Kerry about some issues that "disturb" peace talks with Israel, Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Al-Maliki said on Tuesday.
Kerry would be updated on the Palestinian views when the Arab League`s diplomats meet him in Rome Sunday, Xinhua quoted Al-Maliki as telling Voice of Palestine Radio.
"This will help put forward the Palestinian views regarding some points that we consider annoying and disturbing in the negotiation process," he said, adding that "these issues require an intervention from the US side".
Al-Maliki gave no further details about these issues. It may involve Israel`s continued bids for building new settlements in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem.
The peace negotiations resumed in July with talks on issues related to borders and security, as the parties believe that an agreement on these two files paves the way for resolving other outstanding issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH