Palestinian armed groups vow to attack Israeli targets
Gaza: Over a dozen Palestinian militant groups on Thursday pledged to step up joint and separate attacks on Israeli targets to foil Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations in Washington.
"The factions agreed that all means are open to the Palestinian resistance to deal with Israel in the coming phase," Abu Obaida, spokesman of the Hamas armed wing, read a statement of the Gaza-based groups in a press conference held in the Gaza Strip.
Armed groups, including the Islamic Jehad movement, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) and the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP), who participated in the conference, blamed the Palestinian leadership for accepting the negotiations without an Israeli commitment not to continue Jewish settlement in the occupied Palestinian territories, Xinhua reported.
Hamas militants on Tuesday killed four Israeli settlers near the West Bank city of Hebron. The next day, Hamas claimed responsibility for another drive-by shooting in which two Israelis were injured near Ramallah.
The factions met on August 30 "and agreed to bring the Palestinian resistance into an advanced phase of high-level coordination for effective work against Israel," Obaida said.
"The escalation comes to reject all shameful projects that include dangerous concessions and to stand against all conspiracies that target the Palestinian rights through playful negotiations," he added.
The statement also called on the Palestinian National Authority (PNA) to stop cracking down against Hamas supporters, the number of whom has increased in the wake of the attacks on the settlers. Hamas said that up to 550 supporters had been arrested during the last couple of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city