Palestinian Authority to hold election: Official
Ramallah: President Mahmoud Abbas`s Palestinian Authority will hold presidential and legislative elections before September, a senior Palestinian official said on Saturday.
"The Palestinian leadership decided to hold presidential and legislative elections before September," senior Abbas aide Yasser Abed Rabbo told reporters. "It urges all the sides to put their differences aside," he said, referring to a bitter rivalry between Abbas`s West Bank-based government and Hamas, the Islamist movement which controls the Gaza Strip.
It was not clear whether Hamas would take part in any ballot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wayne Rooney still key to England plans, says Sam Allardyce
- Maharashtra ATS identifies 270 URLs showing IS activities, asks Centre to block them
- Dimple Kapadia’s reaction to Naseeruddin Shah’s remarks about Rajesh Khanna is simple yet strong
- England vs Pakistan: Alastair Cook glad to get 'carried along' with Joe Root
- On 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas', nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers