Palestinian finance minister resigns
Ramallah: The Palestinian finance minister in the West Bank has announced his resignation in a show of frustration over the government`s widening budget deficit.
Nabil Qassis told reporters today that the Palestinian Authority`s 2013 budget deficit is expected to reach USD 1.4 billion. He says he decided to step down after politicians and labor unions objected to a number of proposed austerity measures.
The Palestinian Authority, the self-rule government in the West Bank, has been struggling with a financial crisis in recent years due to cuts in aid from the United States, Israeli delays in transferring tax payments and the failure by Arab allies to deliver hundreds of millions of dollars in promised assistance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US