Palestinian FM arrives in Bosnia to lobby
Sarajevo: The Palestinian Foreign Minister arrived in Sarajevo to lobby for the Palestinian bid for statehood at the UN Security Council as Israel`s foreign minister lobbies against.
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki is meeting with Bosnia`s three-member Presidency on Friday as Israel`s Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman went to the Bosnian Serb stronghold of Banja Luka to lobby there.
Bosnia is currently a non-permanent member of the Security Council and its leaders are split over the Palestinian issue. The Muslim Bosniak leader supports the Palestinian bid, the Serb member of the country`s three member presidency is pro-Israeli and the Croat member not clearly stating his position.
Each of the three members have to support a decision in order for Bosnia to vote, otherwise it will have to abstain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations