Palestinian FM arrives in Bosnia to lobby
Sarajevo: The Palestinian Foreign Minister arrived in Sarajevo to lobby for the Palestinian bid for statehood at the UN Security Council as Israel`s foreign minister lobbies against.
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki is meeting with Bosnia`s three-member Presidency on Friday as Israel`s Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman went to the Bosnian Serb stronghold of Banja Luka to lobby there.
Bosnia is currently a non-permanent member of the Security Council and its leaders are split over the Palestinian issue. The Muslim Bosniak leader supports the Palestinian bid, the Serb member of the country`s three member presidency is pro-Israeli and the Croat member not clearly stating his position.
Each of the three members have to support a decision in order for Bosnia to vote, otherwise it will have to abstain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test