Palestinian FM arrives in Bosnia to lobby
Sarajevo: The Palestinian Foreign Minister arrived in Sarajevo to lobby for the Palestinian bid for statehood at the UN Security Council as Israel`s foreign minister lobbies against.
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki is meeting with Bosnia`s three-member Presidency on Friday as Israel`s Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman went to the Bosnian Serb stronghold of Banja Luka to lobby there.
Bosnia is currently a non-permanent member of the Security Council and its leaders are split over the Palestinian issue. The Muslim Bosniak leader supports the Palestinian bid, the Serb member of the country`s three member presidency is pro-Israeli and the Croat member not clearly stating his position.
Each of the three members have to support a decision in order for Bosnia to vote, otherwise it will have to abstain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: ABSOLUTE CARNAGE! When The Great Khali nearly killed John Cena
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Surrogacy Bill against commercial surrogacy which is a money making racket: BJP
- Good news bookworms! 22nd Delhi Book Fair begins on Saturday
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study