Palestinian FM arrives in Bosnia to lobby
Sarajevo: The Palestinian Foreign Minister arrived in Sarajevo to lobby for the Palestinian bid for statehood at the UN Security Council as Israel`s foreign minister lobbies against.
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki is meeting with Bosnia`s three-member Presidency on Friday as Israel`s Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman went to the Bosnian Serb stronghold of Banja Luka to lobby there.
Bosnia is currently a non-permanent member of the Security Council and its leaders are split over the Palestinian issue. The Muslim Bosniak leader supports the Palestinian bid, the Serb member of the country`s three member presidency is pro-Israeli and the Croat member not clearly stating his position.
Each of the three members have to support a decision in order for Bosnia to vote, otherwise it will have to abstain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here