Palestinian FM arrives in Bosnia to lobby
Sarajevo: The Palestinian Foreign Minister arrived in Sarajevo to lobby for the Palestinian bid for statehood at the UN Security Council as Israel`s foreign minister lobbies against.
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki is meeting with Bosnia`s three-member Presidency on Friday as Israel`s Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman went to the Bosnian Serb stronghold of Banja Luka to lobby there.
Bosnia is currently a non-permanent member of the Security Council and its leaders are split over the Palestinian issue. The Muslim Bosniak leader supports the Palestinian bid, the Serb member of the country`s three member presidency is pro-Israeli and the Croat member not clearly stating his position.
Each of the three members have to support a decision in order for Bosnia to vote, otherwise it will have to abstain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi