Palestinian killed in clash with Israel army: Police
Dura (Palestinian Territories): A Palestinian teenager was knocked down and killed by an Israeli military jeep during overnight clashes in a village in the southern West Bank, Palestinian police and witnesses said today.
The youth, 19-year-old Moataz Sharawna, died after being hit by the vehicle after several hours of clashes between stone throwers and troops which began at midnight in Dura, which lies just southwest of the city of Hebron, a police spokesman told AFP.
An Israel military spokeswoman confirmed an incident in the village, but said initial reports suggested soldiers had fired at a youth who had climbed onto a military vehicle.
"Overnight there was an activity in Dura village near Hebron and a group of Palestinians began hurling rocks at the security forces who were in the area," she told AFP, saying several people had begun climbing onto one of the army vehicles.
"(The soldiers) warned the suspects and used riot dispersal means, and finally they responded with fire towards one of the suspects who was on the vehicle," she said, without giving further details or confirming that anyone had been hit in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing