Palestinian negotiator accuses Americans of bias in peace talk
A top Palestinian negotiator
accused the United States of bias toward Israel and said
American attempts to pressure the Palestinians were
restricting efforts to reach a final peace agreement by
Ahmed Qureia, one of the top negotiators at a failed
summit at Camp David last month, on Monday warned that another
summit would only be a trap if the United States and Israel
do not recognise Palestinian rights to east Jerusalem.
“In order for another round of talks to be possible,
either Israel must agree to divide the disputed city or the
United States must issue a letter of guarantees specifying
its real positions and not those positions biased toward the
Israelis,” Qureia said.
At the US sponsored summit, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud
Barak had offered the Palestinians some control in east
Jerusalem, including in the walled old city, but Palestinian
leader Yasser Arafat demanded full sovereignty over the sector
Israel captured in 1967.
Qureia said that he doubted the sides could reach an agreement
before the date, which the sides had set as a deadline for
the completion of the final peace agreement.
Report: Zeenext Bureau
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla