Palestinian official doubts Israel talks to resume
Ramallah: A Palestinian negotiator is casting doubt on Israeli Prime Minister`s claim that Middle East peace talks could resume within weeks.
Benjamin Netanyahu suggested on Wednesday that negotiations would be indirect at first. US Middle East envoy George Mitchell has proposed shuttling between the two sides to forge a deal.
But Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat says such shuttle diplomacy makes no sense without clear parameters and an Israeli settlement freeze — a key Palestinian demand.
The settlements take up lands the Palestinians want for their state. Israel has only agreed to curb construction.
Erekat said he will meet a US diplomat on Thursday to hear more about the Mitchell’s proposal. He says Netanyahu is not offering anything new.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion