Palestinian official doubts Israel talks to resume
Ramallah: A Palestinian negotiator is casting doubt on Israeli Prime Minister`s claim that Middle East peace talks could resume within weeks.
Benjamin Netanyahu suggested on Wednesday that negotiations would be indirect at first. US Middle East envoy George Mitchell has proposed shuttling between the two sides to forge a deal.
But Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat says such shuttle diplomacy makes no sense without clear parameters and an Israeli settlement freeze — a key Palestinian demand.
The settlements take up lands the Palestinians want for their state. Israel has only agreed to curb construction.
Erekat said he will meet a US diplomat on Thursday to hear more about the Mitchell’s proposal. He says Netanyahu is not offering anything new.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi