Palestinian official slams Israeli PM`s remarks on Jerusalem
Ramallah: A Palestinian official Tuesday slammed statements by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who said that Jerusalem will remain Israel`s indivisible capital.
"Netanyahu`s statements contradict with the basis of the two-state solution and the international resolutions, which emphasize that East Jerusalem is the capital of the future Palestinian state," said Adnan Al-Husseini, minister of Jerusalem affairs in the Palestinian National Authority (PNA).
"Such remarks show the reality of Netanyahu, who blocks the peace process and the ongoing US-sponsored peace negotiations," Al-Husseini told Xinhua.
Speaking to reporters Tuesday morning, Netanyahu said Jerusalem would remain the indivisible capital of Israel as long as he remained in his post.
He was talking after voting in Jerusalem`s municipal elections.
About 300,000 Palestinians are now living in Jerusalem. Israel occupied East Jerusalem and annexed it in 1967.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal