Palestinian PM confident of Egypt`s future support
Washington: Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad said in an interview published on Sunday he was confident of Egypt`s future support for the Palestinian Authority, despite the political changes there.
"Why would I presume that Egypt in the aftermath of this movement is going to be any less supportive?" Fayyad asked in the interview with The Washington Post.
"Egyptian people are very supportive of the Palestinian people."
He suggested the uprisings that had shaken Egypt and Tunisia could happen in other Arab countries.
"I believe it can. Definitely. It can happen," the Prime Minister said.
The comments came as Egypt`s new military leadership vowed to pave the way for democracy and abide by its peace treaty with Israel following president Hosni Mubarak`s overthrow.
The Supreme Council of the Armed Forces said the current government would remain in place for a peaceful transition to "an elected civil authority to build a free democratic state”, although it set no timetable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31