Palestinian PM decides to stay on job
Ramallah: Palestinian officials say the Prime Minister has decided to remain on the job, weeks after announcing his resignation.
Rami Hamdallah announced his resignation in June, two weeks after taking office, in a conflict with President Mahmoud Abbas over his authorities. Officials said the men had worked out their differences but details of their agreement were not released.
Officials say Abbas asked Hamdallah on Tuesday to form a new government, and he accepted the request. Government spokesman Ihab Bsaiso says "there will be a new government and a new swearing-in ceremony."
Hamdallah has five weeks to form a new Cabinet. Officials said they do not expect many changes from the current caretaker government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?