Palestinian PM threatens to quit over cash crunch
Ramallah: An official close to the Palestinian Prime Minister says he is threatening to resign.
The official says Salam Fayyad believes he has not received enough support from other political factions as he steers the Palestinian Authority through an economic crisis.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to talk to the media.
Fayyad, an internationally-respected economist, has been forced to raise taxes and delay salary payments to civil servants because of the financial crisis. He says he has no choice because foreign donors have not delivered promised aid.
But public protests led by Abbas` Fatah faction have blamed Fayyad. Abbas`s office denies Fayyad is threatening to resign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach