Palestinian PM threatens to quit over cash crunch
Ramallah: An official close to the Palestinian Prime Minister says he is threatening to resign.
The official says Salam Fayyad believes he has not received enough support from other political factions as he steers the Palestinian Authority through an economic crisis.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to talk to the media.
Fayyad, an internationally-respected economist, has been forced to raise taxes and delay salary payments to civil servants because of the financial crisis. He says he has no choice because foreign donors have not delivered promised aid.
But public protests led by Abbas` Fatah faction have blamed Fayyad. Abbas`s office denies Fayyad is threatening to resign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH