Palestinian Prez approves autopsy of Arafat
Ramallah: A top aide says Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has given his permission to exhume the remains of his predecessor, Yasser Arafat.
The decision came days after a Swiss institute found elevated traces of a radioactive agent reportedly on Arafat`s belongings, reviving speculation the legendary Palestinian leader was poisoned.
The institute said it needs to test Arafat`s remains for conclusive findings, and Abbas has said he is willing to allow an autopsy in principle.
Abbas aide Saeb Erekat said on Monday that Abbas has now given final approval, and is inviting the Swiss experts to test the remains. Erekat says "we are on the way to an autopsy."
Earlier, Arafat`s nephew said he does not believe further testing is needed. It was not clear whether the nephew would block an autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi