Palestinian Prez approves autopsy of Arafat
Ramallah: A top aide says Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has given his permission to exhume the remains of his predecessor, Yasser Arafat.
The decision came days after a Swiss institute found elevated traces of a radioactive agent reportedly on Arafat`s belongings, reviving speculation the legendary Palestinian leader was poisoned.
The institute said it needs to test Arafat`s remains for conclusive findings, and Abbas has said he is willing to allow an autopsy in principle.
Abbas aide Saeb Erekat said on Monday that Abbas has now given final approval, and is inviting the Swiss experts to test the remains. Erekat says "we are on the way to an autopsy."
Earlier, Arafat`s nephew said he does not believe further testing is needed. It was not clear whether the nephew would block an autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'