Palestinian reconciliation summit postponed
Ramallah: Palestinian officials
say a high-profile meeting between the leaders of the rival
Fatah and Hamas movements has been called off.
Tuesday`s meeting between Palestinian President
Mahmoud Abbas and Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal had been
expected to name the prime minister over an emerging
But officials from both sides acknowledge there are
still disagreements over who the prime minister will be. They
say the meeting has been postponed indefinitely.
The decision is a setback to last month`s unity deal
between Hamas and Fatah. At that time, they pledged to end a
four-year rift that has left the Palestinians with rival
governments in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
The officials spoke today on condition of anonymity
pending a formal announcement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know
- When Muslim men chanted `Hindustan Zindabad`, `Pakistan Murdabad` slogans on Hyderabad roads – Watch
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research