Palestinian reconciliation summit postponed
Ramallah: Palestinian officials
say a high-profile meeting between the leaders of the rival
Fatah and Hamas movements has been called off.
Tuesday`s meeting between Palestinian President
Mahmoud Abbas and Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal had been
expected to name the prime minister over an emerging
But officials from both sides acknowledge there are
still disagreements over who the prime minister will be. They
say the meeting has been postponed indefinitely.
The decision is a setback to last month`s unity deal
between Hamas and Fatah. At that time, they pledged to end a
four-year rift that has left the Palestinians with rival
governments in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
The officials spoke today on condition of anonymity
pending a formal announcement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you