Palestinian reconciliation summit postponed
Ramallah: Palestinian officials
say a high-profile meeting between the leaders of the rival
Fatah and Hamas movements has been called off.
Tuesday`s meeting between Palestinian President
Mahmoud Abbas and Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal had been
expected to name the prime minister over an emerging
But officials from both sides acknowledge there are
still disagreements over who the prime minister will be. They
say the meeting has been postponed indefinitely.
The decision is a setback to last month`s unity deal
between Hamas and Fatah. At that time, they pledged to end a
four-year rift that has left the Palestinians with rival
governments in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
The officials spoke today on condition of anonymity
pending a formal announcement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city