Palestinian school vandalised in West Bank
Jerusalem: Palestinians say Jewish settlers have set fire to a West Bank school.
The girls school, near Nablus in the northern West Bank, was found vandalised Wednesday morning with Hebrew graffiti on the wall reading "regards from the hills." Jewish settlers live on hilly outposts nearby.
The Israeli military says it received a complaint from Palestinians and has sent officers to investigate. The fire appeared to cause minor damage.
The incident appears to be the latest action in a campaign extremist Jewish settlers call the "price tag." They say it is their response to moves by the Israeli government to remove unauthorised settlements or restrict settlement construction.
Two weeks ago, arsonists torched a West Bank mosque, scrawling "revenge" on a wall in Hebrew and charring copies of the Muslim holy book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video