Palestinian woman in Israeli Army YouTube clip `humiliated`
Nuba: A Palestinian woman on Wednesday described how she was "humiliated" when Israeli soldiers filmed her in detention, one of them belly dancing close to her as she stood blindfolded against a wall.
"I saw the video on Al-Jazeera. I didn`t sleep all night because I felt humiliated and frustrated," Ihsan al-Dababsi, 35, from the southern West Bank village of Nuba, said.
"The sound of the soldiers` laughter and the music were ringing in my ears," she said of the video, which sparked outrage after it was posted on the Internet.
In the clip circulated on YouTube, a bound and blindfolded Dababsi huddles next to a wall as a grinning Israeli soldier in sunglasses belly dances to Arabic music, repeatedly brushing up close to her.
A Hebrew-language speech bubble coming from her mouth reads "Allahu Akbar", Arabic for "God is greatest". The grainy clip lasts just over a minute.
Dababsi said she had contacted the Palestinian Prisoners` Club, a non-governmental advocacy group, and planned to pursue legal action against the Israeli military.
The incident took place when she was arrested in December 2007 and charged with being a member of the Palestinian militant group Islamic Jihad, she said, adding that she was later sentenced to 22 months in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?