Palestinian woman in Israeli Army YouTube clip `humiliated`
Nuba: A Palestinian woman on Wednesday described how she was "humiliated" when Israeli soldiers filmed her in detention, one of them belly dancing close to her as she stood blindfolded against a wall.
"I saw the video on Al-Jazeera. I didn`t sleep all night because I felt humiliated and frustrated," Ihsan al-Dababsi, 35, from the southern West Bank village of Nuba, said.
"The sound of the soldiers` laughter and the music were ringing in my ears," she said of the video, which sparked outrage after it was posted on the Internet.
In the clip circulated on YouTube, a bound and blindfolded Dababsi huddles next to a wall as a grinning Israeli soldier in sunglasses belly dances to Arabic music, repeatedly brushing up close to her.
A Hebrew-language speech bubble coming from her mouth reads "Allahu Akbar", Arabic for "God is greatest". The grainy clip lasts just over a minute.
Dababsi said she had contacted the Palestinian Prisoners` Club, a non-governmental advocacy group, and planned to pursue legal action against the Israeli military.
The incident took place when she was arrested in December 2007 and charged with being a member of the Palestinian militant group Islamic Jihad, she said, adding that she was later sentenced to 22 months in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit impact: RBI will provide liquidity wherever necessary, says Raghuram Rajan
- I should speak less now, jokes Salman Khan
- POSTER alert! Erika Kaar in Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay'
- Maharashtra districts to have own disaster management plan
- Despite big money on table, Rahul Dravid rejected Anurag Thakur's offer to coach India - Here's why