Palestinians criticize Democrats` Jerusalem stance
Ramallah: The Palestinians are criticizing the US Democratic Party`s decision to declare Jerusalem as the Israeli capital.
The Democrats yesterday restored language in the platform saying Jerusalem "is and will remain the capital of Israel." A day earlier, the language had been removed from the platform, prompting Republicans to question President Barack Obama`s support for Israel.
The language is at odds with US policy calling for the status of Jerusalem to be resolved through negotiations. Both Israel and the Palestinians claim east Jerusalem.
Nabil Abu Rdeneh, an aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, said Thursday the Democrat`s decision might just be "election propoganda."
He said a failure to recognize the Palestinian claim to east Jerusalem will "destroy the peace process" and lead to "endless war."
Israeli officials declined comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far