Palestinians `strongly condemn` new settlement plans
Ramallah: The Palestinian
Authority on Sunday "strongly condemned" Israel`s approval of
hundreds of new West Bank settler homes following the grisly
murder of a settler family.
The Palestinian Authority "strongly condemns the
decision of the Israeli government to speed up and increase
the building of settlements," chief negotiator Saeb Erakat
"It strongly condemns the settler attacks against the
Palestinian people in the West Bank and we ask the Quartet to
urgently intervene to stop the actions of the settlers."
Israel said today that ministers had decided to
approve construction of several hundred units in Gush Etzion,
Maale Adumim, Ariel and Kiryat Sefer -- four of the biggest
settlement blocs in the West Bank.
Nabil Abu Rudeina, spokesman for Palestinian president
Mahmud Abbas, also denounced the move as "a mistake" which was
likely to create "big problems."
"The decision taken to build new settlements is a
mistake and unacceptable," he said in a statement.
"It will destroy everything and will lead to big
The decision was taken just 24 hours after two adults
and three children were stabbed to death in their beds in the
Itamar settlement near Nablus, prompting settlers to throw
stones and set fire to a house in a nearby Palestinian
village, and to stone cars in the southern West Bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday