Palestinians throw shoes, stones at UN convoy
Erez Crossing: Relatives of Palestinians held in Israeli jails have hurled slippers at an armoured vehicle carrying visiting UN chief Ban Ki-moon into the Gaza Strip.
About 40 relatives of Palestinian prisoners gathered at the Erez Crossing between Gaza and Israel, hoisting posters with pictures of their loved ones and signs in English and Arabic reading, "Ban Ki-moon, enough bias to Israel”.
Two of them threw slippers at his car.
The relatives formed a human chain at the crossing in an effort to block Ban`s vehicle, but Hamas security forces moved them away so he could enter Gaza.
Israel holds about 7,000 Palestinian prisoners. Relatives of prisoners from Gaza haven`t been able to visit them in jail since 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'