Palestinians throw shoes, stones at UN convoy
Erez Crossing: Relatives of Palestinians held in Israeli jails have hurled slippers at an armoured vehicle carrying visiting UN chief Ban Ki-moon into the Gaza Strip.
About 40 relatives of Palestinian prisoners gathered at the Erez Crossing between Gaza and Israel, hoisting posters with pictures of their loved ones and signs in English and Arabic reading, "Ban Ki-moon, enough bias to Israel”.
Two of them threw slippers at his car.
The relatives formed a human chain at the crossing in an effort to block Ban`s vehicle, but Hamas security forces moved them away so he could enter Gaza.
Israel holds about 7,000 Palestinian prisoners. Relatives of prisoners from Gaza haven`t been able to visit them in jail since 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report