Palestinians throw shoes, stones at UN convoy
Erez Crossing: Relatives of Palestinians held in Israeli jails have hurled slippers at an armoured vehicle carrying visiting UN chief Ban Ki-moon into the Gaza Strip.
About 40 relatives of Palestinian prisoners gathered at the Erez Crossing between Gaza and Israel, hoisting posters with pictures of their loved ones and signs in English and Arabic reading, "Ban Ki-moon, enough bias to Israel”.
Two of them threw slippers at his car.
The relatives formed a human chain at the crossing in an effort to block Ban`s vehicle, but Hamas security forces moved them away so he could enter Gaza.
Israel holds about 7,000 Palestinian prisoners. Relatives of prisoners from Gaza haven`t been able to visit them in jail since 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video