Palestinians throw shoes, stones at UN convoy
Erez Crossing: Relatives of Palestinians held in Israeli jails have hurled slippers at an armoured vehicle carrying visiting UN chief Ban Ki-moon into the Gaza Strip.
About 40 relatives of Palestinian prisoners gathered at the Erez Crossing between Gaza and Israel, hoisting posters with pictures of their loved ones and signs in English and Arabic reading, "Ban Ki-moon, enough bias to Israel”.
Two of them threw slippers at his car.
The relatives formed a human chain at the crossing in an effort to block Ban`s vehicle, but Hamas security forces moved them away so he could enter Gaza.
Israel holds about 7,000 Palestinian prisoners. Relatives of prisoners from Gaza haven`t been able to visit them in jail since 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt