Palestinians to appeal to UN over Israel settlement drive
Ramallah: The Palestinians threatened on Tuesday to appeal to the UN Security Council over Israel`s quickening settlement drive in the West Bank and to step up efforts to join UN agencies.
"In the coming hours, the Palestinian leadership is going to consider appealing to the UN Security Council and seeking membership of international organisations if Israel does not reverse its latest settlement moves," Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat told a news agency.
Israel is to build a "record" 20,000 new settler homes in the occupied West Bank, settlement watchdog Peace Now said earlier today, despite US and Palestinian warnings that such moves threaten peace talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says