Palin attacks media over coverage of North Korea gaffe
Washington: There`s at least one thing Sarah Palin was not thankful for this Thanksgiving: the media.
In a Facebook post Thursday evening, Palin excoriated the press for seizing on a gaffe made on Glenn Beck`s radio show the previous day, when she suggested that North Korea was an ally to the U.S.
"It seems they couldn`t resist the temptation to turn a simple one word slip-of-the-tongue of mine into a major political headline," Palin wrote.
"If the media had bothered to actually listen to all of my remarks on Glenn Beck`s radio show ," the post continued, "they would have noticed that I refer to South Korea as our ally throughout, that I corrected myself seconds after my slip-of-the-tongue, and that I made it abundantly clear that pressure should be put on China to restrict energy exports to the North Korean regime."
Journalists have made an entire beat out of Palin`s frequent criticism of their ranks. (The Cutline is obviously guilty as charged.) Earlier this week, there was widespread coverage of Palin`s most recent attack on CBS anchor Katie Couric, who she claimed has "such a bias against whatever it is that I would come out and say."
Palin says she prefers getting her message across via Twitter and Facebook.
"I choose them because they`re convenient for me, especially from Wasilla," she recently told The New York Times Magazine. "That`s just the way I roll."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump
- Yahoo nears sale of core assets to Verizon for $5 billion: Report