Palin calls Obama `very, very tone deaf`
Washington: Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has labelled President Barack Obama as ``very, very tone deaf`` over his ten-day trip to Martha`s Vineyard at a time when the nation is wrestling with a fiscal crisis.
"He`s very, very tone deaf," she said of his decision to take a break from the Beltway, adding: "I wouldn`t if I were he, especially not to Martha`s Vineyard...I do predict that he is not going to be gone the full ten days.”
"He is going to get the advice from his advisors that he needs to get back to work to the White House and he needs to start working very closely on a bi-partisan measure with Congress and start plugging in these new solutions," a newspaper quoted her, as saying.
Palin also bashed Obama on the jobs plan, which he is set to unveil in September.
"I think we can predict that it`s just going to be more of the same and unfortunately, the same for this President`s failed economic policies,” she added.
Earlier in the day, Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich, both GOP ticket hopefuls, also slammed Obama for being out on his summer family holiday.
"If you`re the President of the United States, and the nation is in crisis, and we``re in a jobs crisis right now, then you shouldn`t be vacationing," Romney said, while Gingrich said that the President "ought to cancel his vacation - period."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan