Panama detains North Korean ship carrying `sophisticated missile equipment`
Zee Media Bureau
Panama City: A North Korean cargo ship was reportedly seized by Panama on Tuesday as it carried `undeclared military cargo`.
Panama`s President Ricardo Martinelli confirmed the news and said that the ship contained "sophisticated missile equipment", as per news report.
The ship had sailed from Cuba and was trying to sneak in the missile material illegally, as per reports.
He also posted a photo of the ship, being held for further probe, on his Twiter account.
The military cargo is a violation of the United Nations sanctions that have been levied on North Korea.
The Panama authorities have detained the crew of the ship including the ship captain, the reports state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises