Panama detains North Korean ship carrying `sophisticated missile equipment`
Zee Media Bureau
Panama City: A North Korean cargo ship was reportedly seized by Panama on Tuesday as it carried `undeclared military cargo`.
Panama`s President Ricardo Martinelli confirmed the news and said that the ship contained "sophisticated missile equipment", as per news report.
The ship had sailed from Cuba and was trying to sneak in the missile material illegally, as per reports.
He also posted a photo of the ship, being held for further probe, on his Twiter account.
The military cargo is a violation of the United Nations sanctions that have been levied on North Korea.
The Panama authorities have detained the crew of the ship including the ship captain, the reports state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security