Panama detains North Korean ship carrying `sophisticated missile equipment`
Zee Media Bureau
Panama City: A North Korean cargo ship was reportedly seized by Panama on Tuesday as it carried `undeclared military cargo`.
Panama`s President Ricardo Martinelli confirmed the news and said that the ship contained "sophisticated missile equipment", as per news report.
The ship had sailed from Cuba and was trying to sneak in the missile material illegally, as per reports.
He also posted a photo of the ship, being held for further probe, on his Twiter account.
The military cargo is a violation of the United Nations sanctions that have been levied on North Korea.
The Panama authorities have detained the crew of the ship including the ship captain, the reports state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption