Panama detains North Korean ship carrying `sophisticated missile equipment`
Zee Media Bureau
Panama City: A North Korean cargo ship was reportedly seized by Panama on Tuesday as it carried `undeclared military cargo`.
Panama`s President Ricardo Martinelli confirmed the news and said that the ship contained "sophisticated missile equipment", as per news report.
The ship had sailed from Cuba and was trying to sneak in the missile material illegally, as per reports.
He also posted a photo of the ship, being held for further probe, on his Twiter account.
The military cargo is a violation of the United Nations sanctions that have been levied on North Korea.
The Panama authorities have detained the crew of the ship including the ship captain, the reports state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan