Panama detains North Korean ship carrying `sophisticated missile equipment`
Zee Media Bureau
Panama City: A North Korean cargo ship was reportedly seized by Panama on Tuesday as it carried `undeclared military cargo`.
Panama`s President Ricardo Martinelli confirmed the news and said that the ship contained "sophisticated missile equipment", as per news report.
The ship had sailed from Cuba and was trying to sneak in the missile material illegally, as per reports.
He also posted a photo of the ship, being held for further probe, on his Twiter account.
The military cargo is a violation of the United Nations sanctions that have been levied on North Korea.
The Panama authorities have detained the crew of the ship including the ship captain, the reports state.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today