Paparazzi pictures of UK`s Prince George out in magazine
London: Prince George`s first paparazzi pictures have been published by a magazine with surprisingly no complaint from the Kensington Palace which has raised serious objections to "private" photographs in the past.
Long lens photographs of Kate Middleton getting off a plane en route to Mustique with Britain`s future monarch appeared on the cover of Hello! magazine and across eight inside pages.
It is the first time paparazzi pictures of the six-month-old Prince George have been published, and the pictures, sold to the magazine by a freelance photographer, are the first images of the future king since his christening in October.
The 32-year-old Duchess of Cambridge`s silence appeared to be at odds with past objections to "private" photographs of her taken in public places, and raised the question of whether she is exercising "image control" rather than protecting her privacy, legal experts were quoted by The Telegraph as saying.
While Prince William and Kate have taken legal action in the past over "off-duty" photographs to which they have objected, Kensington Palace indicated to Hello! that it would not take action on this occasion if it published the photos, the report said.
Royal sources were quoted by the daily as saying that Kensington Palace had not objected to the pictures, in which the Duchess is groomed and smiling, because they were taken "in a public place, without any harassment or pursuit".
Yet only last week, the Palace had asked newspapers not to print photographs of a grumpy-looking Duke of Cambridge getting off a train at Cambridge station.
The photographs of the Duchess of Cambridge, carrying Prince George on her hip, were taken as she and her family got off a British Airways flight in the Caribbean and switched to a smaller aircraft for the short hop to Mustique, where the family have been celebrating Carole Middleton`s 59th birthday.
The Duke of Cambridge, who is in the middle of a 10-week course at Cambridge University, did not join them.
Front page photographs of the Prince in a pale blue romper suit and sunhat were accompanied by the headline, "Hasn`t he grown! Prince George`s first holiday as doting Kate jets off on a sunshine family break."
William and Kate are still fighting a privacy battle in the French courts over photographs of the Duchess sunbathing at a French villa which were taken from a public road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi