Paparazzi pictures of UK`s Prince George out in magazine
London: Prince George`s first paparazzi pictures have been published by a magazine with surprisingly no complaint from the Kensington Palace which has raised serious objections to "private" photographs in the past.
Long lens photographs of Kate Middleton getting off a plane en route to Mustique with Britain`s future monarch appeared on the cover of Hello! magazine and across eight inside pages.
It is the first time paparazzi pictures of the six-month-old Prince George have been published, and the pictures, sold to the magazine by a freelance photographer, are the first images of the future king since his christening in October.
The 32-year-old Duchess of Cambridge`s silence appeared to be at odds with past objections to "private" photographs of her taken in public places, and raised the question of whether she is exercising "image control" rather than protecting her privacy, legal experts were quoted by The Telegraph as saying.
While Prince William and Kate have taken legal action in the past over "off-duty" photographs to which they have objected, Kensington Palace indicated to Hello! that it would not take action on this occasion if it published the photos, the report said.
Royal sources were quoted by the daily as saying that Kensington Palace had not objected to the pictures, in which the Duchess is groomed and smiling, because they were taken "in a public place, without any harassment or pursuit".
Yet only last week, the Palace had asked newspapers not to print photographs of a grumpy-looking Duke of Cambridge getting off a train at Cambridge station.
The photographs of the Duchess of Cambridge, carrying Prince George on her hip, were taken as she and her family got off a British Airways flight in the Caribbean and switched to a smaller aircraft for the short hop to Mustique, where the family have been celebrating Carole Middleton`s 59th birthday.
The Duke of Cambridge, who is in the middle of a 10-week course at Cambridge University, did not join them.
Front page photographs of the Prince in a pale blue romper suit and sunhat were accompanied by the headline, "Hasn`t he grown! Prince George`s first holiday as doting Kate jets off on a sunshine family break."
William and Kate are still fighting a privacy battle in the French courts over photographs of the Duchess sunbathing at a French villa which were taken from a public road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!