Papua New Guinea: Boy gang raped by 10 women
Sydney: A 17-year-old boy was gang raped by 10 women in Papua New Guinea.
Teddy Tei, Southern Highlands Province police commander, said the knife wielding gang of women attacked the schoolboy just outside the provincial centre of Mendi on Friday.
"This is a serious matter and police are trying to identify who these animals are. More than 10 women with kitchen knives attacked him and four women had sexual intercourse with him,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted him as saying.
Tei said he feared the women may have infected the young man with HIV/AIDs.
"HIV/AIDs is a problem in PNG and I am concerned the women might be infected. I always warn the women to be careful at night but I am now warning the men too,” Tei said.
"Police are investigating but it is not clear why the attack happened," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir