‘Paranoid Putin has every meal tested for poison`
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin has all of his dishes tested for poison by a medically-qualified professional sampler, according to a report.
Gilles Bragard, founder of an elite group of chefs who cook for the world’s most powerful men and women, revealed that Putin used to make sure every dish he is served is completely safe to eat.
“Tasters still exist, but only in the Kremlin, where a doctor checks every dish with the chef,” the Daily Mail quoted Bragard, as saying.
Bragard also revealed that American presidents often liked their food ‘security cleared’ before eating.
These included George Bush, who had two former FBI agents taste every one of his dishes during a trip to London.
According to the report, American leaders are particularly suspicious of non-US food.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is, for example, said to have ‘got rid of the French chef when she arrived at the White House because she found his cuisine too rich.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time
- Sporting Lisbon's Joao Mario completes record EUR 45-million move to Inter Milan
- Top seven cos take cumulative hit of Rs 29,907 cr in m-cap
- I don't believe in relationship goals: Esha Gupta