‘Paranoid Putin has every meal tested for poison`
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin has all of his dishes tested for poison by a medically-qualified professional sampler, according to a report.
Gilles Bragard, founder of an elite group of chefs who cook for the world’s most powerful men and women, revealed that Putin used to make sure every dish he is served is completely safe to eat.
“Tasters still exist, but only in the Kremlin, where a doctor checks every dish with the chef,” the Daily Mail quoted Bragard, as saying.
Bragard also revealed that American presidents often liked their food ‘security cleared’ before eating.
These included George Bush, who had two former FBI agents taste every one of his dishes during a trip to London.
According to the report, American leaders are particularly suspicious of non-US food.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is, for example, said to have ‘got rid of the French chef when she arrived at the White House because she found his cuisine too rich.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?