‘Paranoid Putin has every meal tested for poison`
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin has all of his dishes tested for poison by a medically-qualified professional sampler, according to a report.
Gilles Bragard, founder of an elite group of chefs who cook for the world’s most powerful men and women, revealed that Putin used to make sure every dish he is served is completely safe to eat.
“Tasters still exist, but only in the Kremlin, where a doctor checks every dish with the chef,” the Daily Mail quoted Bragard, as saying.
Bragard also revealed that American presidents often liked their food ‘security cleared’ before eating.
These included George Bush, who had two former FBI agents taste every one of his dishes during a trip to London.
According to the report, American leaders are particularly suspicious of non-US food.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is, for example, said to have ‘got rid of the French chef when she arrived at the White House because she found his cuisine too rich.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat