Paris sunbathers face jail for topless act
London: Police in the French capital have warned people they could be jailed for sunbathing topless and if suspected of soliciting sex in parks and on riverbanks, a media report said here.
A notice posted on the Paris police website said there must be "no breasts or private parts" on show while sunbathing, the Daily Mail reported.
The daily said thousands of people are expected to flock to the Seine riverbanks in August, where the city has created a sandy beach with deckchairs.
"Any outfit that allows for the genital area or breasts to be seen constitutes sexual exhibition and is punishable by a year in prison," police said.
"When the thermometer rises a few degrees, you may put on your best bathing suit and find a little corner of grass or the welcoming banks of the Seine to put down your towel. But please note that bathing suits should not be worn in official city parks and that dress should be decent and in accordance with good morals and public order," police said.
Those wearing inappropriate dress can be fined at least 38 euros and up to 3,750 euros and get two years in jail "if suspected of soliciting sex", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31