Parole for Israeli soldier who shot British activist: Media
Jerusalem: An Israeli soldier jailed for
killing a British activist in the Gaza Strip will be released
after serving six-and-a-half years of an eight-year sentence,
media reported on Monday.
Sergeant Taysir Wahid was convicted of manslaughter for
killing Briton Tom Hurndall, an activist with the
pro-Palestinian International Solidarity Movement.
A military court ordered Wahid freed next month,
accepting his lawyers claim that he deserved to have his
sentence reduced for good behaviour, the Ynet news website
The army had no immediate comment.
The prosecution had argued that releasing the soldier
early would harm Israel`s diplomatic ties with Britain, Ynet
Hurndall, then 22, was shot in the head in the Rafah
refugee camp in April 2003. He died in January 2004 in a
London hospital after spending nine months in a persistent
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic