Parole for Israeli soldier who shot British activist: Media
Jerusalem: An Israeli soldier jailed for
killing a British activist in the Gaza Strip will be released
after serving six-and-a-half years of an eight-year sentence,
media reported on Monday.
Sergeant Taysir Wahid was convicted of manslaughter for
killing Briton Tom Hurndall, an activist with the
pro-Palestinian International Solidarity Movement.
A military court ordered Wahid freed next month,
accepting his lawyers claim that he deserved to have his
sentence reduced for good behaviour, the Ynet news website
The army had no immediate comment.
The prosecution had argued that releasing the soldier
early would harm Israel`s diplomatic ties with Britain, Ynet
Hurndall, then 22, was shot in the head in the Rafah
refugee camp in April 2003. He died in January 2004 in a
London hospital after spending nine months in a persistent
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?