Parts of China jolted by moderate quake
Beijing: A 4.3-magnitude earthquake jolted Beichuan county, in southwest China`s Sichuan Province, China Earthquake Networks Center said.
The epicenter of the quake on Saturday evening, was at a depth of 18 km, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the center as saying.
Beichuan in northwest Sichuan was among the hardest hit by the devastating 8.0-magnitude earthquake on May 12, 2008 in Sichuan`s Wenchuan county, that left more than 87,000 people dead or missing.
The tremor was felt 160 km away in Sichuan`s capital city of Chengdu.
Sichuan`s earthquake prevention and disaster reduction authorities said they have yet to receive reports of casualties or damage, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA