Parts of China jolted by moderate quake
Beijing: A 4.3-magnitude earthquake jolted Beichuan county, in southwest China`s Sichuan Province, China Earthquake Networks Center said.
The epicenter of the quake on Saturday evening, was at a depth of 18 km, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the center as saying.
Beichuan in northwest Sichuan was among the hardest hit by the devastating 8.0-magnitude earthquake on May 12, 2008 in Sichuan`s Wenchuan county, that left more than 87,000 people dead or missing.
The tremor was felt 160 km away in Sichuan`s capital city of Chengdu.
Sichuan`s earthquake prevention and disaster reduction authorities said they have yet to receive reports of casualties or damage, the report said.
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- Tamil Nadu polls: Branding Congress, AIADMK, DMK as corrupt, Amit Shah seeks mandate for BJP
- Delhi govt approves proposal to set up memorial on APJ Abdul Kalam at Dilli Haat
- IPL 2016: Andre Russell four-for guides Kolkata Knight Riders to 7-run win over Kings XI Punjab
- Heated debate takes place in Rajya Sabha on VVIP chopper deal: Top quotes
- 'Catastrophic wildfires' force thousands to flee in Canada