Parts of China jolted by moderate quake
Beijing: A 4.3-magnitude earthquake jolted Beichuan county, in southwest China`s Sichuan Province, China Earthquake Networks Center said.
The epicenter of the quake on Saturday evening, was at a depth of 18 km, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the center as saying.
Beichuan in northwest Sichuan was among the hardest hit by the devastating 8.0-magnitude earthquake on May 12, 2008 in Sichuan`s Wenchuan county, that left more than 87,000 people dead or missing.
The tremor was felt 160 km away in Sichuan`s capital city of Chengdu.
Sichuan`s earthquake prevention and disaster reduction authorities said they have yet to receive reports of casualties or damage, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today