Parts of China jolted by moderate quake
Beijing: A 4.3-magnitude earthquake jolted Beichuan county, in southwest China`s Sichuan Province, China Earthquake Networks Center said.
The epicenter of the quake on Saturday evening, was at a depth of 18 km, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the center as saying.
Beichuan in northwest Sichuan was among the hardest hit by the devastating 8.0-magnitude earthquake on May 12, 2008 in Sichuan`s Wenchuan county, that left more than 87,000 people dead or missing.
The tremor was felt 160 km away in Sichuan`s capital city of Chengdu.
Sichuan`s earthquake prevention and disaster reduction authorities said they have yet to receive reports of casualties or damage, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY