Parts of China jolted by moderate quake
Beijing: A 4.3-magnitude earthquake jolted Beichuan county, in southwest China`s Sichuan Province, China Earthquake Networks Center said.
The epicenter of the quake on Saturday evening, was at a depth of 18 km, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the center as saying.
Beichuan in northwest Sichuan was among the hardest hit by the devastating 8.0-magnitude earthquake on May 12, 2008 in Sichuan`s Wenchuan county, that left more than 87,000 people dead or missing.
The tremor was felt 160 km away in Sichuan`s capital city of Chengdu.
Sichuan`s earthquake prevention and disaster reduction authorities said they have yet to receive reports of casualties or damage, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof