Parts of US airport evacuated after threat
Los Angeles: Parts of a terminal at Los Angeles International Airport were briefly evacuated when a man made threats that turned out to be false.
LAX spokesman Albert Rodriguez said that a man walked into the Tom Bradley International Terminal shortly after 5 pm yesterday and made threatening statements, prompting a partial clearing of the terminal`s upper departures level.
Rodriguez says only the sections outside security were affected.
Airport police took the man into custody, conducted a security sweep and found nothing.
Passengers returned to the terminal less than a half-hour later.
Rodriguez says there were few if any delays to outbound flights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH