Parts of US airport evacuated after threat
Los Angeles: Parts of a terminal at Los Angeles International Airport were briefly evacuated when a man made threats that turned out to be false.
LAX spokesman Albert Rodriguez said that a man walked into the Tom Bradley International Terminal shortly after 5 pm yesterday and made threatening statements, prompting a partial clearing of the terminal`s upper departures level.
Rodriguez says only the sections outside security were affected.
Airport police took the man into custody, conducted a security sweep and found nothing.
Passengers returned to the terminal less than a half-hour later.
Rodriguez says there were few if any delays to outbound flights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- West Indies vs India, 2nd T20I: Wet outfield denies MS Dhoni & Co chance to level series
- Two minors held for gang-raping minor in Delhi
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint