Parts of US airport evacuated after threat
Los Angeles: Parts of a terminal at Los Angeles International Airport were briefly evacuated when a man made threats that turned out to be false.
LAX spokesman Albert Rodriguez said that a man walked into the Tom Bradley International Terminal shortly after 5 pm yesterday and made threatening statements, prompting a partial clearing of the terminal`s upper departures level.
Rodriguez says only the sections outside security were affected.
Airport police took the man into custody, conducted a security sweep and found nothing.
Passengers returned to the terminal less than a half-hour later.
Rodriguez says there were few if any delays to outbound flights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees