Parts of US airport evacuated after threat
Los Angeles: Parts of a terminal at Los Angeles International Airport were briefly evacuated when a man made threats that turned out to be false.
LAX spokesman Albert Rodriguez said that a man walked into the Tom Bradley International Terminal shortly after 5 pm yesterday and made threatening statements, prompting a partial clearing of the terminal`s upper departures level.
Rodriguez says only the sections outside security were affected.
Airport police took the man into custody, conducted a security sweep and found nothing.
Passengers returned to the terminal less than a half-hour later.
Rodriguez says there were few if any delays to outbound flights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wayne Rooney still key to England plans, says Sam Allardyce
- Maharashtra ATS identifies 270 URLs showing IS activities, asks Centre to block them
- Dimple Kapadia’s reaction to Naseeruddin Shah’s remarks about Rajesh Khanna is simple yet strong
- England vs Pakistan: Alastair Cook glad to get 'carried along' with Joe Root
- On 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas', nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers