Parts of US airport evacuated after threat
Los Angeles: Parts of a terminal at Los Angeles International Airport were briefly evacuated when a man made threats that turned out to be false.
LAX spokesman Albert Rodriguez said that a man walked into the Tom Bradley International Terminal shortly after 5 pm yesterday and made threatening statements, prompting a partial clearing of the terminal`s upper departures level.
Rodriguez says only the sections outside security were affected.
Airport police took the man into custody, conducted a security sweep and found nothing.
Passengers returned to the terminal less than a half-hour later.
Rodriguez says there were few if any delays to outbound flights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city