Passenger falls out of plane into ocean off Miami coast
Zee Media Bureau
Miami: In a shocking incident, a passenger fell out of a plane into the ocean off Miami.
According to Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen, the plane was flying at about 2,000 feet (609 meters) when the call came in.
Coast Guard and Miami-Dade Fire Rescue air and water units were searching an area southeast of Tamiami Executive Airport, where the plane safely landed. It wasn`t immediately clear where the flight originated or how many people were on board.
As per a recording on LiveATC.Net, the website which provides live air traffic-control broadcasts from control towers and radar facilities around the world, the unidentified pilot calmly radioed "mayday, mayday, mayday," and told an air traffic controller a door was ajar.
"I have a door ajar and a passenger that fell down. I`m six miles (9 kilometres) from Tamiami," the pilot says.
"You said you`ve got a passenger that fell out of your plane?" the air traffic controller responds.
"That`s correct, sir," the pilot responded. "He opened the back door and he just fell out the plane."
Both the Coast Guard and fire rescue officials said it wasn`t immediately confirmed that the pilot`s emergency call was legitimate. The Miami-Dade Police Department sent detectives to the airport to further investigate, a spokeswoman said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what