Passenger falls out of plane into ocean off Miami coast
Zee Media Bureau
Miami: In a shocking incident, a passenger fell out of a plane into the ocean off Miami.
According to Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen, the plane was flying at about 2,000 feet (609 meters) when the call came in.
Coast Guard and Miami-Dade Fire Rescue air and water units were searching an area southeast of Tamiami Executive Airport, where the plane safely landed. It wasn`t immediately clear where the flight originated or how many people were on board.
As per a recording on LiveATC.Net, the website which provides live air traffic-control broadcasts from control towers and radar facilities around the world, the unidentified pilot calmly radioed "mayday, mayday, mayday," and told an air traffic controller a door was ajar.
"I have a door ajar and a passenger that fell down. I`m six miles (9 kilometres) from Tamiami," the pilot says.
"You said you`ve got a passenger that fell out of your plane?" the air traffic controller responds.
"That`s correct, sir," the pilot responded. "He opened the back door and he just fell out the plane."
Both the Coast Guard and fire rescue officials said it wasn`t immediately confirmed that the pilot`s emergency call was legitimate. The Miami-Dade Police Department sent detectives to the airport to further investigate, a spokeswoman said.
(With Agency inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'