Patel pleads not guilty to charge of causing harm to patient
Sydney: Indian-origin surgeon Dr. Jayant Patel has been pleaded not guilty to a charge of inflicting potentially life-threatening injuries on a patient during surgery.
The former Bundaberg surgeon told the Brisbane District Court he was not guilty of causing grievous bodily harm to Ian Rodney Vowles in October 2004.
According to the Courier Mail, Judge Terry Martin has already excused four of the initial jury panel after telling them they would be expected to be completely fair and completely unbiased throughout the trial.
The trial continues.
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended
- 37-year-old trader shot dead near Seelampur metro station in Delhi
- Uttarakhand Speaker rejects disqualification of rebel BJP MLA