‘Paternity test’ for newly-wed Prince of Monaco

The colorful past of Prince Albert of Monaco threatened to overshadow his wedding.

London: The colorful past of Prince Albert of Monaco threatened to overshadow his wedding to one-time Olympic swimmer Charlene Wittstock on Saturday, after it was announced that he would have to take a paternity test for a possible third illegitimate child.

A senior palace official has confirmed rumours that Prince Albert is likely to undergo the test amid claims that he has fathered a third child out of wedlock, reports the Telegraph.

A news agency said anonymous officials spoke of ‘the truth’ of a reported falling out between the couple earlier in the week and of a probable demand that Prince Albert take a paternity test.

Albert already has a six-year-old son, Alexandre, through a former Togolese air hostess Nicole Coste, and a 19-year-old daughter, Jazmin, with Tamara Rotola, an American estate agent.

Despite the development, none of Albert’s illegitimate children will have a claim to the throne under Monaco law, a source said.

“Even if a third or even a fourth child is confirmed Albert will not have an official heir until Princess Charlene bears him one,” he added.

French magazine Public has claimed that Prince Albert fathered “two new illegitimate children”, saying one is understood to be 18 months old and the son of an Italian woman who is preparing to take her story to the press.

Other publications, including Voici, have suggested that Miss Coste could have had a second baby to the Prince.

ANI

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close