Path to Iran nuke warhead 2-4 months: Think tank
Vienna: A think tank that often briefs Congress and other branches of the US government on Iran`s nuclear program says Tehran could produce enough weapons-grade uranium to arm a nuclear warhead within two to four months.
But the Institute for Science and International Security says it would need "many additional months" to make a prototype bomb for underground testing and even longer to make a missile warhead.
The ISIS report was made available to The Associated Press ahead of publication today.
Iran denies any interest in nuclear weapons saying its atomic activities are purely for generating power and scientific and medical uses.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu last month told the UN General Assembly that the world has until next summer to stop Iran before it can build a nuclear bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP