Peace deal impossible now: Israel Foreign Minister
Jerusalem: Israel`s Foreign Minister says there`s no chance of ending the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for many years.
Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman says efforts to reach a final peace deal have failed since the first accord between Israel and the Palestinians in 1993.
Lieberman says it`s unrealistic to think a long-term agreement on ending the conflict can be reached at this time and that whoever thinks an agreement can be reached soon just doesn`t understand the situation.
He says the two sides should instead strive for interim agreements that would create stability and leave the tough issues between them "to a much later stage”.
Lieberman spoke ahead of a meeting with Washington`s special Middle East envoy, George Mitchell, later Wednesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India