Peace deal impossible now: Israel Foreign Minister
Jerusalem: Israel`s Foreign Minister says there`s no chance of ending the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for many years.
Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman says efforts to reach a final peace deal have failed since the first accord between Israel and the Palestinians in 1993.
Lieberman says it`s unrealistic to think a long-term agreement on ending the conflict can be reached at this time and that whoever thinks an agreement can be reached soon just doesn`t understand the situation.
He says the two sides should instead strive for interim agreements that would create stability and leave the tough issues between them "to a much later stage”.
Lieberman spoke ahead of a meeting with Washington`s special Middle East envoy, George Mitchell, later Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why