`Peak Putin` vote delayed
Moscow: The naming of "Peak Vladimir
Putin" in honour of the Russian prime minister will be delayed
for a while as Kyrgyzstan`s Parliament on Tuesday postponed the
crucial vote on christening of the mountain.
Prime Minister Almazbek Atambayev had tabled a bill in
Parliament of the Central Asian republic of Kyrgyzstan to name
an unnamed mountain in Tian-Shan range after Putin.
The former Soviet republic’s parliament today
postponed the vote on naming a mountain after the Russian
strongman, state-run RIA Novosti news agency reported, without
giving the reason for delaying the vote.
The 4,446 metres high peak in Chui Province is located
near the border with Kazakhstan.
Putin already has a street in Grozny named after him,
and a patriotic youth movement in Chechnya also bears his
name, media report said.
Earlier in 2002, Kyrgyzstan had named a 3,500 metres
mountain peak after former Russian President Boris Yeltsin
to honour him for role in deepening the friendly relations
between Moscow and Bishkek.
Its highest 7,134 meter mountain is named Lenin Peak.
Kyrgyzstan also has a mountain named after Santa
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog