`Peak Putin` vote delayed
Moscow: The naming of "Peak Vladimir
Putin" in honour of the Russian prime minister will be delayed
for a while as Kyrgyzstan`s Parliament on Tuesday postponed the
crucial vote on christening of the mountain.
Prime Minister Almazbek Atambayev had tabled a bill in
Parliament of the Central Asian republic of Kyrgyzstan to name
an unnamed mountain in Tian-Shan range after Putin.
The former Soviet republic’s parliament today
postponed the vote on naming a mountain after the Russian
strongman, state-run RIA Novosti news agency reported, without
giving the reason for delaying the vote.
The 4,446 metres high peak in Chui Province is located
near the border with Kazakhstan.
Putin already has a street in Grozny named after him,
and a patriotic youth movement in Chechnya also bears his
name, media report said.
Earlier in 2002, Kyrgyzstan had named a 3,500 metres
mountain peak after former Russian President Boris Yeltsin
to honour him for role in deepening the friendly relations
between Moscow and Bishkek.
Its highest 7,134 meter mountain is named Lenin Peak.
Kyrgyzstan also has a mountain named after Santa
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row