Pele says supports peaceful protests in Brazil
Fortaleza (Brazil): Football great Pele says he supports the Brazilian popular protests sweeping the country, as long as they`re peaceful.
Pele has being criticised online for telling Brazilians to forget about protests that have swept the country in recent days and focus on cheering on the national team.
Pele said in a television interview that the country should only "think about the national team," prompting Brazilians to flood social media sites to mock his comments.
Pele had expressed support for the nationwide protests in the same interview, but only the part in which he told Brazilians to "forget about this mess that is happening in Brazil" went viral.
He later released a statement reiterating he supports the people`s movement, as long as it`s not violent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply