Pele says supports peaceful protests in Brazil
Fortaleza (Brazil): Football great Pele says he supports the Brazilian popular protests sweeping the country, as long as they`re peaceful.
Pele has being criticised online for telling Brazilians to forget about protests that have swept the country in recent days and focus on cheering on the national team.
Pele said in a television interview that the country should only "think about the national team," prompting Brazilians to flood social media sites to mock his comments.
Pele had expressed support for the nationwide protests in the same interview, but only the part in which he told Brazilians to "forget about this mess that is happening in Brazil" went viral.
He later released a statement reiterating he supports the people`s movement, as long as it`s not violent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details