Pentagon chief asks Indian if he`s `Taliban member`, apologises
Washington: US Secretary of Defence Chuck Hagel has apologised after he was caught on cameras asking an Indian member of an audience if he was a member of the Taliban.
The Pentagon chief made the inappropriate joke after finishing speaking at the University of Nebraska, his alma mater, and began taking questions.
According to the New York Daily News, an Indian member in the audience approached the microphone, prompting Hagel to deliver the extremely inappropriate joke.
A prolonged awkward silence followed the strange question, before the man identifies himself as Robin Gandhi, an assistant professor at the school.
Through a spokesman, Hagel immediately apologised for the remark, explaining that he did not know or see who was approaching the microphone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi