Pentagon denies US about to `invade` Egypt reports
Washington: The Pentagon and US Embassy in Cairo have denied reports in the Egyptian media, claiming that a US task force in the Red Sea was about to `invade Egypt`.
Earlier this week, two US ships led by the USS San Antonio, a transport platform, carrying the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit and the USS Kearsarge, an amphibious assault ship, moved into the northern Red Sea, ABC News reports.
Pentagon Press Secretary George Little took to Twitter, denying reports that the Navy`s presence meant an imminent US invasion.
At the same time, US Embassy in Cairo posted a similar statement, denying false claims in Egyptian press that US naval ships are in the vicinity of the Arabian Peninsula and the Suez Canal to militarily invade Egypt.
The embassy added that the United States has forces regularly deployed in the vicinity of the Arabian Peninsula, and USvessels regularly pass through the Suez Canal en route to the Indian Ocean or the Mediterranean Sea, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi