Pentagon denies US about to `invade` Egypt reports
Washington: The Pentagon and US Embassy in Cairo have denied reports in the Egyptian media, claiming that a US task force in the Red Sea was about to `invade Egypt`.
Earlier this week, two US ships led by the USS San Antonio, a transport platform, carrying the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit and the USS Kearsarge, an amphibious assault ship, moved into the northern Red Sea, ABC News reports.
Pentagon Press Secretary George Little took to Twitter, denying reports that the Navy`s presence meant an imminent US invasion.
At the same time, US Embassy in Cairo posted a similar statement, denying false claims in Egyptian press that US naval ships are in the vicinity of the Arabian Peninsula and the Suez Canal to militarily invade Egypt.
The embassy added that the United States has forces regularly deployed in the vicinity of the Arabian Peninsula, and USvessels regularly pass through the Suez Canal en route to the Indian Ocean or the Mediterranean Sea, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31