Pentagon for closer military ties with India
Washington: The Pentagon has said it wants to develop closer military ties with India including sales of arms.
"We hope to strengthen our relationship on the military front with the Indians, to include arms sales. We`ve been very clear about that.
"On the issue of export technology transfers is one that we are working through in particular," Pentagon Press Secretary George Little told reporters at a news conference yesterday.
Responding to a question on arms sales to India, Little said the US is looking to develop closer ties in this field.
On Pakistan, Little said the ties between the two countries have settled down.
"We can continue to cooperate closely with our Pakistani partners," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hafiz Saeed threatens to separate Mumbai from India
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: As it happened...
- Pak provokes India again, PM Nawaz Sharif to send MPs abroad to highlight Kashmir issue