Pentagon for closer military ties with India
Washington: The Pentagon has said it wants to develop closer military ties with India including sales of arms.
"We hope to strengthen our relationship on the military front with the Indians, to include arms sales. We`ve been very clear about that.
"On the issue of export technology transfers is one that we are working through in particular," Pentagon Press Secretary George Little told reporters at a news conference yesterday.
Responding to a question on arms sales to India, Little said the US is looking to develop closer ties in this field.
On Pakistan, Little said the ties between the two countries have settled down.
"We can continue to cooperate closely with our Pakistani partners," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final