Pentagon investigating top intelligence official over Osama bin Laden film
Washington: The Pentagon has said its top intelligence official, who has been mentioned as a possible candidate to be the next CIA director, is under investigation in connection with information he provided to makers of a movie about the raid that killed Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden.
Pentagon press secretary George Little said the investigation of Michael Vickers - who is the undersecretary of defense for intelligence - is being conducted by the Pentagon``s inspector general, reports The Dawn.
Little said Vickers only provided unclassified information to the makers of the movie "Zero Dark Thirty", and that the session was arranged in July 2011 by the Pentagon`s office of public affairs. Little said Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has full confidence in Vickers.
Meanwhile, Republican Sen. John McCain who watched the movie "Zero Dark Thirty" recently said it left him sick, because "it`s wrong", referring to the suggestion in the movie that the CIA``s harsh interrogation techniques led to Bin Laden`s capture. McCain has said the waterboarding of Al-Qaeda`s No 3 leader, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, did not provide information that led to the Bin Laden`s compound in Pakistan.
The Senate Intelligence Committee chairwoman, Dianne Feinstein, also has said waterboarding of Mohammed did not produce the tip that led to bin Laden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof