Pentagon investigating top intelligence official over Osama bin Laden film
Washington: The Pentagon has said its top intelligence official, who has been mentioned as a possible candidate to be the next CIA director, is under investigation in connection with information he provided to makers of a movie about the raid that killed Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden.
Pentagon press secretary George Little said the investigation of Michael Vickers - who is the undersecretary of defense for intelligence - is being conducted by the Pentagon``s inspector general, reports The Dawn.
Little said Vickers only provided unclassified information to the makers of the movie "Zero Dark Thirty", and that the session was arranged in July 2011 by the Pentagon`s office of public affairs. Little said Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has full confidence in Vickers.
Meanwhile, Republican Sen. John McCain who watched the movie "Zero Dark Thirty" recently said it left him sick, because "it`s wrong", referring to the suggestion in the movie that the CIA``s harsh interrogation techniques led to Bin Laden`s capture. McCain has said the waterboarding of Al-Qaeda`s No 3 leader, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, did not provide information that led to the Bin Laden`s compound in Pakistan.
The Senate Intelligence Committee chairwoman, Dianne Feinstein, also has said waterboarding of Mohammed did not produce the tip that led to bin Laden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- It's so simple! Watch how to get ready sans make-up
- Hizbul Mujahideen commander killed in Kashmir gunfight
- BCCI rejected Cricket Advisory Committee's proposal to appoint Ravi Shastri batting coach - Here's why
- 7th Pay Commission: Centre may disburse increased allowances prospectively
- Tusshar Kapoor’s baby Laksshya born via surrogacy clicked with grandpa Jeetendra – See Pic