Pentagon investigating top intelligence official over Osama bin Laden film
Washington: The Pentagon has said its top intelligence official, who has been mentioned as a possible candidate to be the next CIA director, is under investigation in connection with information he provided to makers of a movie about the raid that killed Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden.
Pentagon press secretary George Little said the investigation of Michael Vickers - who is the undersecretary of defense for intelligence - is being conducted by the Pentagon``s inspector general, reports The Dawn.
Little said Vickers only provided unclassified information to the makers of the movie "Zero Dark Thirty", and that the session was arranged in July 2011 by the Pentagon`s office of public affairs. Little said Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has full confidence in Vickers.
Meanwhile, Republican Sen. John McCain who watched the movie "Zero Dark Thirty" recently said it left him sick, because "it`s wrong", referring to the suggestion in the movie that the CIA``s harsh interrogation techniques led to Bin Laden`s capture. McCain has said the waterboarding of Al-Qaeda`s No 3 leader, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, did not provide information that led to the Bin Laden`s compound in Pakistan.
The Senate Intelligence Committee chairwoman, Dianne Feinstein, also has said waterboarding of Mohammed did not produce the tip that led to bin Laden.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list