Pentagon sending trainers back into Yemen
Washington: The Pentagon is sending military trainers back into Yemen for what it calls "routine" cooperation with Yemeni security forces.
A Pentagon spokesman, Navy Capt John Kirby, said today that "small numbers" of US trainers have returned to Yemen recently. He would not be more specific about the number or when they arrived there.
Yemen is a key battleground in the conflict with al-Qaeda. It has been a launching pad for attacks against the United States by the Yemen-based al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula.
A US military training program in Yemen was suspended last year after then-President Ali Abdullah Saleh was badly injured in a militant attack.
The new president, Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi, has requested increased US counterterrorist cooperation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love