Pentagon sending trainers back into Yemen
Washington: The Pentagon is sending military trainers back into Yemen for what it calls "routine" cooperation with Yemeni security forces.
A Pentagon spokesman, Navy Capt John Kirby, said today that "small numbers" of US trainers have returned to Yemen recently. He would not be more specific about the number or when they arrived there.
Yemen is a key battleground in the conflict with al-Qaeda. It has been a launching pad for attacks against the United States by the Yemen-based al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula.
A US military training program in Yemen was suspended last year after then-President Ali Abdullah Saleh was badly injured in a militant attack.
The new president, Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi, has requested increased US counterterrorist cooperation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie